A Family For Every Child is honored to offer a volunteer or Intern role for the right person. If you are interested in really digging into social work this might be for you. This truly is a rare opportunity to really have a significant role in a national project:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Building your resume by working with a Nationally known child welfare leader.
• Designing and taking a lead on a national pilot project.
• Tracking it over time, and seeing the results.
• Help create next steps to broaden the scope of the project after the pilot is complete.
We need from you:
• A one year commitment.
• 6-10 hours a week.
• Passion to change the system.
Because this is a very special project we will be interviewing for the right person. Please respond to show contact info
with your interest and resume.
This is a key partnership with Rick Delaney, nationally known (bio below).
About the Project
• The project focus is a better matching process. It involves a better evaluation of a child in pre-matching, a collection of families strengths per matching, evaluation of services needed for success with a specific child, then follow up with families for one year to see what worked how it went, etc.
• It would involve a project plan, test families and designing a pilot program, data collection, survey, etc.
• It will be a pilot program that could get some national movement.
Richard Delaney, PhD
Richard Delaney, PhD, is an internationally known trainer of foster, kinship and adoptive parents and consultant to public and private agencies serving troubled children and youth. He is the co-founder of and a principal contributor to FosterParentCollege.com®. Dr. Delaney is the author or coauthor of several books in the area of foster care and adoption including Fostering Changes: Myth, Meaning, and Magic Bullets in Attachment Theory; The Healing Power of the Family; and (with James M. Kagan, MD) A 3-D View of Foster, Kinship, and Adopted Children. He received his doctorate from Loyola University of Chicago in 1973.
Again, please email show contact info
for more information and to apply. Thank you!