As a Wilco Lead Pet Groomer, you will be able to focus on developing personal and lasting relationships with two and four-legged clients as well as an incredible work family. Wilco’s impressive benefit package includes guaranteed hourly wages, paid meetings and trainings, health insurance benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, continued education, promotional opportunities and did we mention the employee discount, 401K plan and profit share program? This sets them apart and will make it easier to focus on the joy of making pets, and pet parents, happy. The Lead Pet Groomer assists in the development of the grooming team by assisting in the supervision and performance of the shop as well as each team member. By exemplifying the Wilco Core Values of teamwork, respect and excellence the Lead ensures each customer is happy and each pet and groomer is safe.
Voted a top workplace 12 years running; pets aren’t the only ones who think Wilco is purrfection!
A Day In The Life
• Provide safe and professional high-quality bathing and grooming services to customers' pets.
• Excellent customer service providing the highest level of client and team support.
• Assist in ensuring the groom shop is clean, safe and welcoming for all pet, customers and team members.
• We strive to maintain 3-5 Pet Groomers in each location to provide our customers and team members ample support.
• As a Coop, we are dedicated to fostering a collaborative family environment for employees and customers.
• Performs roles and responsibilities of Lead Pet Groomer
• Communicates regularly with Store Manager and grooming team on all aspects of grooming business
• Assuring Daily Task List is completed by groomers
• Participate and contribute to groomer performance management activities with the Store Manager
• Provides new groomer onboarding and training as required
Successful Candidates Will Have
• Management or supervisory experience
• The ability to communicate and interact successfully with customers and co-workers.
• The ability to efficiently handle all pets being groomed in a safe and humane manner.
• The ability to submit photographs of previous work for consideration of employment.
• 3 years of professional grooming experience.
• The ability to pass a groom test and a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen.
It's More Than a Job
• A relaxed environment where our #1 priority is what's best for the pet and customer.
• Competitive Medical, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
• Profit share - up to 3% of your annual earnings!
• 401K retirement plan - up to 6% match
• Generous employee discount
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Time Off
We Appreciate You
• Competitive hourly rate for meetings, vacation and holidays.
• Marketing support – We pay to get you clients, and special customer offers don’t affect your wages.
• A growing client base and transfer opportunities.
• Modern, upscale and state of the art equipment and grooming facilities.
• Grooming supplies provided.
• Employer sponsored continuing education.
• Employee Referral program - Enjoy working in a stress-free environment? Refer a friend and receive a $250 Wilco gift card!
• We care about our Pet Groomers and value input, ideas and concerns.
• Competitive hourly rates determined by experience.
• High performing Groomers can earn up to $70,000 per year.
• Tips from customers are not pooled and yours to keep.
Wilco Offers Groomers a Home Away From Home - Our core values are more than just words. We conduct our lives and our business with them in mind.
WHAT OUR GROOMERS SAY ABOUT WORKING FOR WILCO
• "WILCO IS SPECIAL BECAUSE OF THE ATMOSPHERE OF OUR GROOM SHOP - WE HAVE A STRONG BOND OF HONEST, INTEGRITY AND TEAMWORK."
• "WILCO GROOMING IS SPECIAL BECAUSE OF THE FAMILY ATMOSPHERE AND THE WAY THE WHOLE STORE OF EMPLOYEES ARE A TEAM."
Dating back to the early 1930s, Wilco, a growing retailer, has stood the test of time by maintaining focus on our values and never losing our passion for customer service. Wilco is progressive, and unlike the standard “farm store”. With a variety of departments including Garden, Pet and Animal Supply, Hardware and Paint, Clothing, and Pet Grooming (that’s right, Pet Grooming), partnered with personalized service, our customers consider Wilco a preferred retail destination.
Wilco has been named a Top Workplace in Oregon and SW Washington by the Oregonian in 2012-2023. We are dedicated to our team and attribute this distinction to them.
Wilco is an equal opportunity employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.