Location: Eugene, OR
QR Code Link to This Post
Purpose of the Position:
Develop customer requests for quotations and orders. Create quotes, enter orders, and provide inventory availability and lead time information to customers. Provide service solutions to customers by utilizing all divisions of Farwest Steel.
1. Convert quotes to orders after checking inventory levels and confirmation that processes or services will meet or exceed customer requirements.
2. Listens carefully before reading all items back to the customer. Checks drawings and specifications including tolerances before presenting a quoted price to the customer. Responsible for all data entry of customer quotes and orders.
3. Educate customer on depth of services and scope of current inventory in all Divisions of Farwest Steel Corporation.
4. Timely follow up on all quotes and orders regarding feedback on pricing, quality and delivery information.
5. Check with the credit department regarding current status of a customer’s account if a high dollar order or rush order is placed.
6. Track and acknowledge any changes to the order and verify revisions.
• High school diploma required; college degree in related field preferred
• Communicate effectively and sell steel products and services
• Professional telephone skills and techniques
• Great listening and recording skills
• Computer skills are a must
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Courteous professional conduct required with customers and co-workers
• Able to adapt to different social settings, perform routine office support, understand written and oral instruction, and make accurate mathematical calculations
To apply, visit www.farweststeel.com
Click on Careers, Open Positions
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.