compensation: Competitive pay with quarterly bonus potential employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
The next best thing to eating delicious ice cream is making it! At Alden’s Organic, we are always looking for people who want to make a difference, one scoop at a time. Alden’s offers competitive wages, based on experience and expertise, and great benefits including health insurance, 401k, paid time off and – of course – free ice cream!
Warehouse Operator is responsible for assisting and covering a variety of warehouse positions and shifts, including shipping and receiving, unloading and loading trucks, staging inventory for production and restocking warehouse returns. This position is on graveyard shift.
• Work safely while operating material handlers and riding pallet jacks.
• Provide customer service to production department.
• Work closely with Warehouse Manager to complete daily tasks and goals.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment including proper storage of ingredients and packaging.
• Communicate effectively daily both written and orally in a professional manner.
• Cover positions and shifts as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
• Operate material handlers (sit-down/stand-up), pallet trucks, riding walkie trucks in a safe manner.
• Complete daily inspections on material handlers, pallet trucks, and riding walkie trucks.
• Unload inbound shipments while correctly completing inbound receiving sheet and identifying packages with appropriate labels per company allergen policy.
• Load outbound trucks safely and efficiently adhering to proper load securement and allergen procedures.
• Participate in all safety programs as needed for the department, including but not limited to lock out/tag out, machine guarding, chemical handling, SDS for material used in production activities, and safety meetings.
• Report and correct any safety hazards identified to the appropriate Manager.
• Identify and report any quality assurance issues to QA department immediately.
• Complete carton orders as assigned utilizing FIFO procedures and accurately recording all information.
• Maintain accurate inventory by correctly identifying and recording lot information during all phases of the warehouse process.
• Daily clean work areas as outlined in the daily warehouse sanitation form.
• Return product to the warehouse from the production area while recording quantities and lot information after production runs are complete.
• Maintain proper staging of all ingredients/packaging for three days of production as required.
• Ensure that correct tempering procedures are followed while storing or staging ingredients.
• Check in visitors that request entry into the facility while properly logging them into our online system.
• Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining work areas in a sanitary manner.
• Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
• Required Holidays and Weekends
• Able to follow color code to prevent cross contamination.
• Must follow all safety rules, GMPs and company guidelines.
• Work in a fast pace, repetitive environment. Must be able to package product at the speed the line equipment is running.
• Work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
• Participate in a safe, food safe and respectful work environment, by following company policies, processes and SOPs and proactively communicating concerns or ideas
• Perform other duties as needed and directed to support the goals of the company
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Oregon Ice Cream contains office, manufacturing and outdoor workspaces where this position is required to access and work. The position requires a person to be able to frequently walk, stand and climb; bend and twist; see, hear and talk; use hands to finger, handle or feel tool, controls or products; use hands and arms to reach, hold and carry tools or products. Frequently lifting/moving up to 50lbs is also required; occasional lifting/transferring of objects may be required with assistance up to 75 lbs. Occasionally pushing/pulling with assistance up to 650 lbs. This positions also requires a person to handle environments of different temperatures and with various food allergens present.
What you will bring:
• Prior experience in a warehouse environment preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 6 months material handling experience required
• Strong attention to detail
• Effective math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using units of weight and volume measurements.
• Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and working effectively under pressure
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language; speak, understand, and read written and verbal instructions, policies and procedures
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime, weekends and holidays
• Ability to perform required tasks safely, in a fast paced work environment; ensuring food safety, quality and efficiency standards are achieved
• Positive attitude and a passion for quality food and ice cream a plus!
Visit our website www.aldensicecream.com/careers for more information or to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers