compensation: Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience. Insurance (health/vision/dental) eligible on 1st of the month after hire. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Center for Family Development (CFD) seeks qualified applicants for an entry-level, full-time (40 hours/week), salaried position as a Community Health Worker in our Integrated Health Programs (primary care and behavioral health).
Certification as a Community Health Worker or eligibility as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (three years combined experience and education in community service field and/or a bachelor's degree in Psychology/Sociology/Human Services) required.
Reliable transportation, driver's license, car insurance and a clean driving record are required. Mileage reimbursement of driving expenses is provided. Familiarity with physical health conditions preferred.
This role provides services to individuals with physical, emotional, and behavioral issues who are experiencing a number of life challenges. Work schedule may be flexible based on client needs and availability of hired applicant (may include some evening and weekend hours).
• Successful completion of background check upon hire
• Provide case management, skill building interventions, support, education, and treatment interventions to meet specific individual goals and objectives
• Work collaboratively as part of the treatment team of behavioral health and primary care providers
• Utilize crisis intervention techniques and community stabilization resources
• Assist individuals in organizing and keeping appointments, and provide follow up regarding such appointments.
• Accompany and advocate for individuals during appointments
• Assist individuals in understanding their health conditions, and develops strategies to improve their health and well-being
• Assist individuals in identifying and resolving barriers to care
• Visit individuals in their homes/community to support and understand behavioral and physical health concerns, identify problems, and contribute to finding solutions
• Support improved self-management of chronic health concerns
• Support individuals in managing life issues including: housing, transportation, social barriers, psychological or physical barriers, grocery shopping and meal planning
Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience. Insurance (health/vision/dental) eligible on 1st of the month after hire.
Reply or send resume, cover letter, and references to:
Center for Family Development
Attn: Megan Post, CSWA
1258 High Street
Eugene, OR 97401
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers