compensation: Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Center for Family Development, an outpatient behavioral health provider agency, seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) Mental Health Specialist (MHS) for a co-located position within the Department of Human Services (DHS). Duties include:
• Triaging referrals for mental health/and or substance use disorders treatment.
• Providing advocacy and support to TANF clients in navigating community agencies.
• Supporting efforts to remove barriers to access needed resources.
• Working with DHS Family Coaches in designing TANF case plans that are coordinated with client treatment plans.
• Participate in treatment planning which prepare the TANF client for work.
The right candidate will have the skills and knowledge as follows:
• Knowledge of mental health, substance use and co-occurring disordered conditions, and available community-based treatment options.
• Knowledge of accessible DHS resources and community resources to remove/reduce individual, family, social and environmental barriers to self-sufficiency;
• Skills in providing consultation;
• Skills in system navigation and advocacy;
• Skills in providing assistance and motivating behavioral change, while utilizing strength-based approaches.
Eligibility for credentialing as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (graduate degree in psychology, social work, or other behavioral heath field) or Qualified Mental Health Associate (bachelor's degree in a behavioral sciences/mental health field, or a combination of at least three year's relevant work, education, training or experience) required.
Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience. Insurance (health/vision/dental) eligible on 1st of the month after hire.
Successful completion of background check required upon hire.
Reply with cover letter, resume and references or send to:
Center for Family Development
Attn: David Mikula, LCSW, CADC II, NCAC III
1258 High Street
Eugene, OR 97401
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers