The Marketing & Events Intern will work directly with the Marketing & Events Coordinator and the Director of Marketing at Obie Companies in planning, supporting and executing the fundraising and special event activities for the 5th Street Public Market.
Submit the following application materials by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (3rd floor administrative offices at the 5th Street Public Market: Suite 300):
- Current Resume (please include a list of any events worked – including volunteering)
- Cover Letter
- Schedule availability
*if you are a student ant looking for college credit, please include any applicable paperwork and the credit hours needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Planning and Execution
- Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down of events
- Contact sponsors/vendors and entertainers as needed to confirm information and details
- Maintain and organize all paperwork associated with the event. Coordinate with all vendors, sponsors and entertainers.
- Work with Marketing & Events Coordinator, Director of Marketing and events committee to coordinate event logistics
- Keep event data up to date
- Coordinate event committee meetings
- Write and/or collect event information
- Assist with the coordination of multiple advertising campaigns
Education and experience
High School Diploma with some course work at a 4-year college of university
Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal form
Must have strong interest in event planning
Previous event volunteer experience a strong plus
Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily excel and word
Will never pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others
- Outgoing and well spoken
- A go-getter/pleasant personality
- Creative, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- A “can do” attitude and desire to learn
- Ability to follow instructions and also work independently
- Sense of humor is a must!
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this role, the intern is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The intern is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The intern is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The intern must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Intern may be outdoors in a variety of temperatures. Certain areas within the marketplace are only accessible by stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Time commitment and compensation
Minimum 8 hours per week, unpaid internship, hours will be worked during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5pm). Some late evenings and weekends will be required. MUST be available August 23-25, 2019.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to:
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers