compensation: $19-$30/hr depending on subject area employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have a desire to teach? Do you have excellent experience in any of the following subjects or topics?
LCC Continuing Education serves the greater Lane County region, offering non-credit classes to the general public seeking to gain skills in a wide variety of subjects, including but not limited to:
• Arts and Crafts
• Cooking, Food and Drink
• Computers and Technology
• Heath, Wellness, and Nutrition
• Home Improvement and Handy Skills
• Graphic Design and Media Arts
For a complete understanding of the subjects we offer, visit: ce.lanecc.edu
If you do not see the subject you would like to teach here, apply anyway! If the subject you would like to teach fits a need in the community, we will be in contact.
Lane Community College Continuing Education Department is looking for qualified and passionate people to teach in a variety of disciplines. Formal teaching credentials are not necessary for most subjects, but we do require subject area expertise and experience. We are seeking individuals who can develop and deliver classes for adult learners.
• Verifiable experience and expertise and skills in the subject
• a love of lifelong learning
• a knack and passion for teaching others
• the ability to work with, and a deep respect for students, community members, and Lane employees of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• independence, flexibility, timeliness, and resourcefulness
• excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
• regular access to a computer, an email account and phone number
• ability and desire to learn Lane procedures and policies, and to adapt to changes, as needed.
• verifiable experience teaching adults
• familiarity with Lane Continuing Education and the educational opportunities we provide to the Eugene-Springfield area
• have taken a class with Lane Continuing Education
To Apply: Reply to this posting by at by______. Include the following:
1. a brief introductory letter/email detailing what subject(s) you would like to teach, why you are interested, and how you are qualified.
2. a resume or CV that clearly demonstrates how your skills make you a good candidate for teaching computers with Lane CE
Wages vary, and range from $15-$30/hr, depending on experience and subject. Some curriculum development money may be available, but is not guaranteed. Work is part-time, performed in the classroom, and is contingent upon class enrollment. Ideal for those who want to teach or want supplementary income.
Due to the volume of responses, we are not able to respond to each one. Candidates we are interested in interviewing will be contacted. No calls please.
Lane Continuing Education offers a variety of non-credit classes and workshops in personal and professional interest areas. Teachers and instructors need to have experience in the subjects they teach, but formal training and/or degrees in most subjects is not required. Working with Lane Continuing Education is part-time, hourly work, and is quite flexible. Classes and workshops generally take place in the evening, but some happen during the weekday and on weekends. Work is part-time, performed in both classroom and outdoor settings, and is contingent upon class enrollment. Ideal for those who want to teach or are seeking supplementary income.
Lane Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / Disabled Employer embracing diversity. We encourage a safe and hospitable environment for women, minority, veteran and disabled candidates.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers