compensation: 22-23.50 + Health Insurance/Dental/Vision + 401k employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Central Oregon Carpenters Local 271
2101 W 10th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402
Opening for Full Charge Bookkeeper/Office Manager Position
Our local is currently looking for an experienced full charge bookkeeper who is proficient in the complete accounting cycle to handle the accounting needs, including the preparation of financial statements. You must enjoy working with people in person and over the phone to develop good rapport with our members. You will work closely with the Financial Secretary, and with the Council’s CPA to prepare financial statements, a bond report, and tax returns at the end of the fiscal year.
This position requires proven experience with QuickBooks or a similar accounting system and the ability to transfer this knowledge to an online membership and accounting system. You must be highly motivated, comfortable, and confident working independently often.
Job Duties Will Include:
• Make journal entries for fixed assets and depreciation
• Record members’ dues & other income into QuickBooks & similar online UBC system
• Enter invoices and make payments using QuickBooks for standard operating expenses
• Prepare payroll for pre-approval and signature by Financial Secretary weekly, process quarterly payroll
taxes, year-end payroll forms, 1099’s, etc.
• Prepare full financial reports for Trustees’ monthly review including copies of all bills paid, income received,
and the previous month’s reconciled bank statements. Have all Trustees sign acknowledgment form upon
completion of their review.
• Purchase office supplies, member supplies such as t-shirts, and maintain accurate inventory
• Provide financial reports upon request at any time for the Financial Secretary and Trustees
• Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash
• Maintain inventory of all furniture and assets for insurance and personal property tax
Train and supervise a part time bookkeeper as full back up to include:
• Perform Payroll, A/P, and A/R duties
• Fill out and make bank deposits
• Balance and maintain petty cash
• Customer service as listed below
• Meet and greet all members coming into the local with a positive and professional demeanor
• Answer phones and emails and forward as needed to appropriate person
• Order office supplies as needed
• Open, sort, and distribute mail / correspondence
• Support Financial Secretary and union officers
• Type up and maintain local union meeting minutes, Bylaws, and other records
• Other duties as assigned by Financial Secretary
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Associates Degree (or equivalent college coursework) focusing on Accounting/Bookkeeping
• 3 years’ experience AP/AR/GL bookkeeping
• 3 years’ experience preparing payroll and associated taxes
• 3 years’ experience working in a supervisory position
• Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks or similar program
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access)
• Must be willing to join Union within 30 days
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
• Proficiently speak, write, and read in English and Spanish
• Working knowledge of the construction industry or within a Union environment
• 5 years’ full charge bookkeeper
• Confident, confidential, reliable, and very independent worker
Full-time Office Manager. M-F 8:30am – 5:30pm. Must be willing to join Union within 30 days. $22-$23.50 per hour DOE, $3 per hour paid by employer into 401K, plus benefits, & healthcare. Submit resume and current references.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers