compensation: Depends on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a busy, fast-paced chiropractic office with 7 providers! We need someone who is an expert at medical billing (focused on Chiropractic), is efficient, can be aggressive about billing insurance companies, and is extremely organized.
There are many moving parts, so you must be able to prioritize tasks and delegate what you’re not able to get done. You must be comfortable talking with patients and can confidently explain their insurance benefits. We are a tightly-knit team who enjoy working together in a positive and uplifting environment, encouraging and helping each other.
Your hours will be slightly flexible, but this is a full -time (at least 40 hours a week) position.
Pay varies depending on experience but is very competitive.
We would love if you had experience using our software, ChiroTouch. Have a history of using Availity or OneHealthPort very verification.
Prefer two years of minimum experience in medical billing, especially in Chiropractic.
Medical coding and billing certification a plus.
Duties include but aren’t limited to:
· Prepares and submits electronic and paper claims.
· Calls insurance companies to verify patient benefits obtaining very specific information, enters into EHR.
· Reviews entered charges and run reports to ensure accurate posting and no missed charges, maintaining compliance with company, federal and third-party insurance carrier billing rules and regulations.
· Reviews records, analyzes provider documentation and ensures that all CPT and ICD-10 codes are present and accurate for all diagnoses, procedures, and services performed prior to billing, making changes when necessary and appropriate.
· Assumes the responsibility of receiving, sorting and posting incoming payments with attention to detail and accurate payment.
· Manages the status of accounts, balances and identifies inconsistencies.
· Sends out patient statements on a monthly basis, sends follow-up letters for non-received payments, sends to collections agency as necessary according to office policy.
· Manages all pre-authorizations.
· Performs chart compliance audits to evaluate provider compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies. Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding information and procedures to reduce future errors or omissions, as necessary.
· Reviews and takes corrective action on rejected and denied claims as appropriate or assigned. Initiates claim appeals and follows through to resolution ensuring the collection of monies due from all insurance sources. Works aging reports.
· Answers incoming billing department phone calls. Assists other departments and patients with billing questions in a courteous and respectful manner.
· Maintains knowledge of and accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
· Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations affecting coding requirements.
· Intermediate computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office products, and medical office billing and medical records software.
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure maximum productivity.
· Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense; to carry out instructions and instruct others; and to speak clearly and effectively with clients, employees, and management.
· Exceptional attention to detail in order to effectively identify and correct coding errors and perform basic math functions.
· Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
· Ability to apply good judgment in decision making.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties and to accomplish assigned work in a timely manner.
If it sounds like this job would be a good fit for you, please reply with a cover letter and resume. Please check out our website at www.aceugene.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers